TDTV Olympic Special – Day 11 update
All the golden news from the Australian golden girls on day 11 of the London Olympic Games. A rapid update of all things Olympics – primarily Australian.
Good news –
Sally-mania takes over Australia with a gold in the 100m hurdles.
Anna Meares adds another story to her inspirational story with gold.
Annette Edmondson popped up for bronze in the women’s omnium.
Opals through to semi-finals against the USA after beating China.
Victorian Kathryn Mitchell is through to the Olympic javelin throw final.
Usain Bolt is back in action with the 200m heats. Final tonight.
Aussies up to 11th on the medal tally.
Hockeyroos win against Pakistan.
Aussie men’s Kayak (K4) 1000m team has qualified for the final.
Bad News –
Aussie gymnast Lauren Mitchell has missed a medal in the women’s floor final – despite a superbly executed routine.
The Stingers – womens Waterpolo – couldn’t get over the line and will be now fighting it our for bronze.
Other Aussies having a crack overnight.
– Ethan Warren – Diver – finished seventh.
– Benn Harradine – discus – missed out on final stage (39cm short)
– Shane Perkins – Cycling keirin – finished fifth
– Courtney Atkinson (18th), Brad Kahlefeld (31st) and Brendan Sexton (35th) – Mens triathlon
– Kimberley Mickle – Javelin – didn’t progress finishing 17th overall.
– Henry Fane – Triple jump – missed final